Terms & Conditions
These are the full Terms and Conditions governing the application, registration, and participation in The Malta BBQ League (hereinafter “the league”).
1. By submitting this Registration Form, the applicant is deemed to have read, understood, and accepted these Terms and Conditions in their entirety, and agrees to be bound by them.
2. Approval of applications for participation to the league, as well as participation in the league
itself, are conditional on the compliance to these Terms and Conditions.
3. In these Terms and Conditions, the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
“Applicant” means the natural persons who are listed in a Registration Form as prospective participants in the league.
“Application” means the process of applying to participate in the league.
“Content” means any sound recording, visual footage, audio-visual footage, image, including photographic images and any still pictures derived from a recording, and any information, including official results.
“Deposit” means the sum referred to as a Deposit by the organiser pursuant to these Terms.
“Intellectual Property” means developments, methods, processes, compositions, works, concepts, and ideas (whether or not patentable or copyrightable or constituting trade secrets) conceived, made, created, developed or reduced to practice and which may result in Intellectual Property Rights;
“Intellectual Property Rights” means patents, copyright and related rights, trade-marks, trade names and domain names, rights in get-up, goodwill, and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in designs, rights to preserve the confidentiality of information and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications (or rights to apply) for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which may now or in the future subsist in any part of the world;
“League” means the Malta BBQ League, a competition involving multiple teams and games, including any and all of its events, meetings, programmes, workshops, and any other event ancillary to it.
“Organiser” means Mushroom & Mushroom, a registered partnership with registration number C950747326, registered at 49, Triq ix-Xwieni, Marsa, MRS1065 , including its officers, employees, and agents.
“Participant” means any natural person who has submitted a Registration Form, and whom the organiser accepted to participate in the league.
“Phase” means the different phases within the league, which may be determined by the organiser.
“Registration Form” means the form submitted to the organiser, and incorporates these Terms and Conditions, and the data protection consent form.
“Team” means the group of two participants taking part in the league under the name of one particular team.
4. Where the context so permits, words importing the masculine shall be deemed to include any gender, and words importing the singular shall be deemed to include the plural, and vice versa.
5.Upon signing of this Agreement, all provisions contained herein shall enter into force and be fully enforceable.
6. An application to participate in the league must be made by completing the Registration Form, and submitting it to the organiser, either via email (to email@example.com) or by post (to “49, Triq Xwieni, Marsa”).
7. The Registration Form shall be accompanied by a copy of the applicants’ identity cards, and, depending on the method of payment adopted, payment, or proof of payment, of a deposit of thirty Euro (€30) per team. The deposit may be paid either:
a. by means of a cheque, payable to “Mushroom and Mushroom”, if the registration form is submitted by post; or
b. by means of a bank transfer, if the registration form is submitted by email, via the below details:
Beneficiary Name: Mushroom & Mushroom
Bank: BANK OF VALLETTA
8. The deposit paid will be refunded if the application is refused, or where the team or participant is eliminated from the league. The deposit will be refunded upon completion of the filming of the League. The deposit paid is intended to cover administration costs and the costs related to personalised league aprons for the participants.
9. The applicants warrant that the data supplied in the Registration Form is correct, and understand that any incorrect information provided in bad faith may result in a rejection of this application, or the immediate disqualification from the league.
10. All applicants must, by the first (1st) of April of the year two thousand and twenty-two, be at least sixteen years old or over. Where any applicant is not yet over the age of eighteen, his parent or legal guardian’s signature must be included in the Registration Form.
11. Registration Forms which only list one (1) applicant will be refused.
12. Applicants must both share a passion for BBQ cooking, since participants will be competing
both as a team as well as individually. However, formal qualifications or certified knowledge
are not required.
13. The organiser shall vet the Registration Form submitted, and, if accepted, shall contact the
applicants confirming the team’s participation in the league.
14. The organiser reserves the right to refuse an application at its own discretion.
IV. THE LEAGUE
15. The League shall consist of a number of filmed programmes within various phases, wherein teams and individual participants shall be competing against each other by cooking BBQ meals. Teams and participants will be given various ingredients with which BBQ meals shall be prepared, and then be judged by a panel of judges chosen by the organiser. All cooking by the participants shall be done at the location designated by the organiser and no pre-cooked ingredients shall be permitted.
16. The league shall consist of different phases, and during each programme, participants and teams may be eliminated, depending on the current phase.
17. The final phase shall consist of one programme, which shall be the final competition.
18. The participant who will win the final competition of the League will be given a trophy or
medal and other prizes to be determined by the organisers.
19. All programmes shall be filmed in a specific location, which shall be designated by the
20. The organiser shall provide more detail on the league to participants prior to the league’s
21. The applicant understands that the programme will be aired on ONE TV every Tuesday at
21:00hrs, between the months of July and September, of the year two thousand and twenty
three (2023), unless otherwise decided and/or required by the organiser.
22. Participants shall behave in a respectful, professional, and appropriate way at all times.
V. POSTPONEMENT / CANCELLATION
23. The organiser reserves the right to postpone or cancel the league for any reason whatsoever, and applicants, teams, or participants shall in no way hold the organiser liable for any loss suffered on this account.
24. Postponement or changes to dates, times, or filming spaces shall be communicated to the participants by the organiser.
25. The organiser shall provide all the equipment and ingredients required for the purposes of the league. Any team or participant who attempts to use any equipment or ingredient which is not so provided by the organiser shall immediately be disqualified from the league. Depending on the phase of the league, the organiser may disqualify either the concerned individual, or the team as a whole, depending on the phase of the programme when such irregularity occurs.
26. The organiser reserves the right to disqualify any team or participant if he is of the opinion that that team or participant’s behaviour is causing or is likely to cause danger or distress to any third party.
27. Where a team or participant is disqualified for any reason, the deposit shall not be refunded.
28. Once applicants have been accepted, they may only withdraw their participation to the league three weeks before filming commences. If an application is withdrawn, at any stage of the filming and/or before filming commences, the deposit shall not be refunded.
29. The withdrawal in accordance with the above clause may be done in writing to the organiser, and shall be effective from the date the organiser receives it.
30. Withdrawal from the league without a valid reason, either during the three weeks before filming commences or where filming has already commenced, shall expose the withdrawing participants to liability for any damages or losses which may be incurred by the organiser.
31. Applicants understand that all teams and participants must grant the organiser the irrevocable right and permission to create any content throughout and for the purposes of the league, including for any promotional purpose, as the organiser may require.
32. Once approved, teams and participants will be provided with exact filming dates and times, however, for the purposes of the application, the applicant understands that filming is foreseen between the months of May and June of the year two thousand and twenty-three (2023) in the evenings. Should the organisers deem necessary for the better organisation of the League they may organise an elimination phase in which case it will be filmed during the month of April and/or May of the year two thousand and twenty-three (2023). The applicant understands that once selected as a participant a biography of both members of the team will be filmed and aired, in which case the date of the filming will be as agreed between the participants and the organisers.
33. The applicant agrees to ensure that they are available for the above-mentioned filming period. The organiser reserves the right to disqualify any team or participant who, without valid reason, does not attend to filming on time.
34. The applicant agrees that any content created throughout and for the purposes of this league may be used by the organiser or any sponsors of the league on any platform, as long as it is in relation to the league.
VIII. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
35. The applicant agrees that any intellectual property pertaining to the league are the exclusive property of the organiser, and shall remain the exclusive property of the organiser.
36. Participants may use content solely for their own personal use and not for resale, distribution, or other commercial purposes.
IX. DATA PROTECTION
37. The applicant agrees that the application and eventual acceptance and participation to the league requires the processing of personal data.
38. The organiser shall, to this end, abide by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”), and any other applicable law in Malta, when processing the personal data of the participants.
39. The applicant agrees that any information pertaining to the league, save that which is trivial or obvious, but including their own progress or otherwise in the league if accepted as a participant, is deemed to be strictly confidential and may not be disclosed unless it is already in the public domain.
40. The applicant agrees that he may only disclose information which is already in the public domain, i.e. that which has already been aired.
41. The breach of any one of the above clauses in this section will result in immediate disqualification.
42. Should there be any breach of these Terms and Conditions, the organiser reserves the right to sue the applicants or participants for any and all expenses, liabilities, losses, claims, damages, and proceedings arising from such breach.
43. The applicant agrees not to hold the organiser liable for any liability, loss, or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the application, or arising out of any event during the filming of the programme, except for that liability that cannot be excluded by law.
44. The organiser shall ensure that all ingredients and equipment provided to the participant during the League are reasonably adequate and adhere to health and safety standards but shall not be held liable for any liability, loss, or damage; whether direct or indirect, special or consequential, arising from the use and/or misuse, intentional or otherwise of such ingredients or equipment by the participants.
45. The organiser shall not be liable for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected applications, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, and communications failure or otherwise.
46. The organiser shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of, or arising from, or in any way connected to, the cancellation or postponement of any part of the league, or the league in its entirety.
47. Any participant shall be held liable for any liability, loss or damage, caused by him to any equipment provided by the organiser if such damage is caused wilfully and/or intentionally.
48. The organiser’s decisions on any and all matters relating to these Terms and Conditions are final.
49. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
50. These Terms and Conditions shall be regulated by, and construed in accordance with, the Laws of Malta.